Saturday 14 August 2010

Pre- Independence Day Dilemna

Tomorrow's Independence Day. India's 63rd to be exact. And I'm wondering what to do. How to celebrate. I thought of filming an I-Day video, and post it here tomorrow, but I have like, zero ideas. Dunno what to film. I thought I could interview a couple of people, and ask them what Independence Day meant to them. But again, no one who's willing to be filmed so far. And anyway, there's nothing too original about that. *sigh*

What really saddens me though, is that most people my age, just laugh at the idea of "celebrating I-Day". They're like, 'Are you serious?', n YES , I Am!!! Ok, so it's not exactly like I do something very great every year on 15th August, but ATLEAST i want to. Atleast I know it's important to. And that's half the battle already won.

All of us just treat I-Day as an off from school. college, work, whatever. Sadly, this year it falls on a Sunday, n therefore, no luck there. And yes, i have to admit, that's what I always saw it as too. N yes, watching Gandhi on television. I mean, I-day, republic day, Gandhi Jayanti is not the same without Gandhi being aired on TV. N Set Pix/ Sony Pix is taking care of that.

But I-day's MORE than that. What else? It's not ONly about wearin the tri-colours (which I sometimes try doing), watching patriotic movies on television, watching news programmes about india's freedom struggle, issues we're facing, listening to patriotic songs, etc. There's something else that needs to be done. And I'm trying to figure out what it is. We can't ALL change something, express something, do something. But we can atleast make SOME difference during the course of the day.

I'm trying, really trying, to think of something. But alongside, I'm waiting for your ideas.

p.s- watchign DESPICABLE ME tommorow. 'Udaan' wudve been more appropriate, but I guess it's not on in too many places now. n Peeple [Live], i dont wanna watch, I know it's good n everything, but still.


I'll end with an overused quote-
"Be the change you want to see"

No comments:

Post a Comment