Wednesday 22 December 2010

Turning 21

There was a long list of things I was supposed to do before turning 21. And now my birthday's in a month, and I've hardly progressed.

Actually, the truth is the original list was 'Things to Do Before You Turn 18', my 18th birthday (C'mon, everyone has that milestone) came and went, and the list was re-christened 'Things to do Before You Turn 20' and then '21' last year. Now, in a month's time that milestone will be crossed as well and I'll have nothing to show for it. It's quite sad, how time just seems to be running.

It's like it slowly creeps up, when you think it's still a long way away, and rushes by you with a *whoosh* sound before you even realise what's happened.

It's like a sand glass (an hour glass) that's filling up.
[I like that image, one of my facebook statuses was-
"I can feel the sand slipping through my fingers", in an entirely different context though].

The clock is slowly ticking away, but in this case, it seems to be gaining time. It's scary how quickly time flies. it seems like it was just yesterday that I'd joined college fresh out of school, but somehow it also feels like aeons away. So much has changed, so much has happened. I have changed (hopefully for the better).
A bit Older, and a Bit wiser (that's a good title actually). People have changed. Relationships have changed. (My! That sounds so senti...No, 'deep' is better (and not lame) ..hehe)

Back to the question of how little time I have left. I haven't done so many things yet, and I'm becoming old! Well, not really Old,, 21 is still young. The Prime of Life. (Though some say the Prime of Life is in the 40s now).

I have to do so much, acheive so much, try so much. I hardly ever write. I was gonna paint. I've been thinking of doing a creative writing course from DU for almosta  year now!! (10-11 months..?)

*Sigh* Why must life pass us this way? Why can't we just freeze moments, times, occassions and stay in them, savour them for as long as we want? Sift through these little vignettes instead of sifting through faded memories?
Why don't we have that freedom?

Hey, just got an Idea of what to wish for. A Time-machine kinda thing that lets us freeze time at the junction we want to. Fast fwd the parts that aren't important to us. (I won't say the bad, unpleasant parts because they might be important too, more often than not)

I know what I'm wishing for this Christmas, what about you? :)

*Winter Solstice today?*                                          
                                                                                                                       Natasha
                                                                                                                       21/12/2010
                                                                                                                       12:55 am

sitting next to the radiator
It's warm
should sleep
Bye, world. :)

2 comments:

  1. Do one thing, tear down that list. Make one more
    "Thing i have done before i turned 21"

    Compare it with the ones you know, your parents, your teacher and other people you respect plus also with your friends.

    You will find loads of things that they want to do from past 40 years and you have accomplished it in first 20 yrs of your life. Trust me there will be lots of such things.

    Read them loud before cutting your cake and have a special 21st birthday, 21 years of creating awesomeness in your own life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks!! that was really motivating. :) now, i'll do that for sure.

    ReplyDelete