Tuesday 2 April 2013

Music for the Ears...

These days you listen to the radio or some music channel on the tv, and it is sorely disappointing. I don't know what has happened to good lyricists. Good composers too for that matter. They think they can just keep churning out the same kind of techno-electronica party number, and we'll keep lapping it up. Or the one sad/romantic Mohit Chauhan/Atif Aslam type ballard will become a huge hit. Well, it's not gonna happen anymore. We demand some quality! Latest example, is this new song I heard on the idiot box. The lyrics are actually worse than the hookah bar song! And I thought that wasn't possible.
Don't believe me? Watch the video for yourself-


Monday bura, Tuesday bura....
Hai tu mere aaj keplan mein, Aur main tere plan mein....

And then it goes on with other insipid lyrics with words like 'iss qadar' and whatnot...

You get my drift?
Add to that a fat Sonakshi Sinha prancing around on the screen, and it's sheer torture to the eyes and the ears....

And I thought 'Tera pyaar pyaar pyaar, Hookah Bar' was bad enough....I mean, what kind of weird analogy is that? Your love is like a hookah bar for me honey.... Eh? No, thank you.

How can we talk about bad lyrics without mentioning Ishq Wala Love? Thankfully, the Q-tiyapa parody version 'Gaana Wala Song' handled that with ease. You're tempted to listen to it again, aren't you? Well, here goes-




The "female" part takes the cake! ;D
But seriously, the state of affairs of the Indian music industry makes me Dukh Wala Sad....:/

Speaking of new songs, there are a few that I like...like the 'Dhak Dhak Karne Laga' from Nautanki Sala, and 'Na Jaane Kahan Se Aya Hai' from I, Me aur Main.






But in all honesty, I like these songs because I like the originals quite a lot. Dhak Dhak atleast sounds kinda different and new, because of the singer's voice maybe...But Na Jaane....I was at first surprised that they changed the gender , and secondly, I just thought...why? And the lyrics are no better..."Who the sexy boy? Eceryone wants you. Who the sexy boy? Everyone needs you. ...Bla bla bla everybody loves you". I mean, at least learn some grammar while you're at it. And whatever happened to originality?! :(

Why make a mish-mash of good ol' songs, add some techno jazz and feed them to us on a platter like it's the Next Big Thing? *sigh*...Maybe I'm being a bit over dramatic here, but it really. pisses. me. off.

Another thing that pisses me off- Film titles. But I'll write about that in another post. Would be kind of a digression here

 See ya, I'm gonna go listen to the radio while I pack my bags. Here's to hoping I hear something good. :)

As good as this-



Well, we can hope right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment