Sunday 28 April 2013

Satirical Cinema

I watched Jolly LLB today! It was pretty good! I'd actually tried convincing some of my friends two weeks back to come and watch it with me, but their reaction was "chee". (These same friends wanted to watch 'Ek This Dayan' btw, so from now on, I'm not listening to their advice on what movies to catch)
Anyhow, the movie was pretty good. The songs were unnecessary, but the were short and somewhat funny, so I guess it can be forgiven. The film was hilarious though! I guess you could call it a satirical comedy showing the corruption present in the Indian judicial system, from judges that can be bought to witness tampering et al. It's actually based on a real life incident. Read all about it here- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanjeev_Nanda though this is just the wikipedia page. You should look for news articles if you want more info. Anyhow, there were legal loopholes in the story, and I'm sure a lot of things shown in the movie don't actual happen in a court of law. But maybe the point wasn't to be correct and factual, maybe the point was just to hit the mark with the essence of the movie. Which everyone can see was true. My favourite scene would probably be the auctioning of an SHO's position at the station, where it's difficult to find a "clean image inspector" to make the bid. :)
Exaggerated, but sometimes you need to shout to make yourself heard. :)
I would rate it a 3.5/5 :)

P.S- Cast was brilliant. Even Amrita Rao was fine, though she didn't have much of a role in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment