Sunday 23 June 2013

Aurangzeb- An entirely different genre from the Yash Raj camp.

I watched Aurangzeb with my family today, and I just have to put it out there. It was an awesome movie. Just had to say it. :)
Well, first of all, it has a brilliant star cast. Arjun Kapoor, again, delivers a powerful performance. Amrita Singh, Jackie Shroff, Rishi Kapoor, Deepti Naval- all do their pats well. Amrita Singh, I was watching on screen after a long time, but these bitchy, catty, powerful roles really suit her well. And guess what? Kavi Shastri was in the movie!! So, that's a plus one anyway, cause I really like the guy. Short role, but it was fun. :) The female lead was a little random, The girl, Sashaa Agha was meh. :| But I guess, almost every movie has it's shortfalls.


For one, the story was very riveting. Convoluted plot, got confusing at times, but still kept you hooked. In addition, the movie was based in Gurgaon, so you know...I was like movies that are based in places I'm familiar with.
The love angle they ghusaado-fied in the middle was random, and mostly unnecessary. It would've been fine without that niggling little thing.
What I really liked about the movie though, was that not a single character was shown as black or white, all grey, each and every one of them. From the suppsoed 'hero' to the 'villain' everyone has his demons to tackle, and each shows a glint of humanity when you least expect it. Parts of the movie were cliched, and predictable I guess, but I've never really held that against a movie, unless it was so in-you-face as to becoem nauseatingly obvious.
Now, I want to mention something here. I quite liked the guy who was ACP Arya Phogat in the movie. I came home, and googled a bit, and was pleasantly surprised, and very excited, to find out that he was Prithviraj. Yes, the same Prithviraj who was acclaimed for his performance in Raavan (Tamil and Hindi)....and who was oh-so-hot in Aiyya. (Still have to watch that movie though). It's just that....he looked different. But boy, can the guy act! I loved him and his character! :D
Now I think I've gushed enough about the movie, you better go watch it yourself. In fact, I loved the music of the film way before I went to watch it. It was just a little sad that they decided to keep some of the really good songs out of the movie, like Aurangzeb rock version, which is my favourite, along with Jigra Fakeera.
The background score was bang on as well. :) And apart from Barbaadiyan, the other songs just sort of melt into the background as a score.
One more thing, I promise the last, before I take your leave. I was listening to the Aurangzeb Soundtrack on VLC, when I noticed Ran Sampath as one of the singers. The name rang a bell, so again, I googled. [All Hail Google!] Yes, this same, most-talented guy, gave the music for Delhi Belly, Talaash, Khakee and Fukrey (along with some other forgettable movies). But hey, this was a good discovery. :)

Oh, and before I go, I'd just like to add a very profound statement about the cinematic treat I watched today.

Arjun Kapoor is very hot!!

hehe, kthnxbye.
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment