Sunday 14 July 2013

Raanjhanaa....

I just came back from watching Raanjhanaa.....I liked it. Let's just put one thing out there first- Dhanush might not be good looking, but he's adorable as hell, and yes, a brilliant actor, but who hasn't heard that already?
I keep thinking back to how much I loved  Kolaveri Di, and all of that has to be attributed to him.

Sonam Kapoor, well, I can't say I hated her like I usually do...but there were times when I was like..does she have to always speak in that squeaky voice, and make that helpless face? As for her character, can only say she was a self-obsessed, manipulative, bitch. But yeah, she looks incredibly pretty, esp when they show her as the JNU girl.

Abhay Deol, I always like...but yeah, there were parts in the film where I felt he didn't do justice, or maybe it was the character that seemed off. I don't know.
Music, yes, I liked it. Tu Mun Shudi, has been like my favourite song for the past few days, and I keep listening to it. Raanjhanna title track (the chorus part), and Tum Tak are songs I liked as well. Another one I started liking after watching the movie was Banarasiya. Even 'Piya Milenge' was nice actually.

As for the movie, I like the way the story unfolds, the screenplay, the narration....the way the story is told basically...
I would've preferred a happier end, and I don't want to reveal anything for people who wouldn't have seen it yet, but I _did_ like the end, it's just that.....well....:| it wasn't very happy. I would like to add that the overall movie watching experience was quite nice...the colours, the backdrops, the music...it all blended well and made the whole movie ..... worth watching. :)

It's hard to imagine that the same guy directed Tanu Weds Manu, but then, you can't really box people into a genre. I always felt that movie could've been a whole lot better than it was.

Anyhow, I wanna watch other Dhanush movies now, so will try searching online :) Hopefully they'll have subtitles.

Ciao!

P.S- The kid who plays Dhanush's character in the beginning of the movie was...amazing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment