Monday 22 July 2013

Waterlogged!!

Now I know I said around 1:40 pm day before yesterday that "we got drenched" but that was nothing compared to what we actually got one we came closer to home. The streets were waterlogged, and as usual, I was all excited about seeing so much water. Until our car suddenly stopped. And then refused to start. And there was water all around us. And then water started to seep through. So in the next few seconds, my feet were already soaked in muddy water. So finally my mom said we'd have to wade through the water to get home. So we picked up our shopping, and as I opened the car door, a rush of water swept into the car and I promptly closed the door again. Then to shouts of my sister calling me an idiot and telling me to hurry up, I braved the onslaught once again, and this time stepped into the muddy pool outside. It was nothing like anything I've done before. We were wading in knee deep muddy water and holding onto each other so as not to slip and crack our skulls. That's that, but the story doesn't end here. Fat drops of rain were hitting our heads and for some odd reason my left eye was hurting and I couldn't see anything. Somehow we waded through the dirty water, braved the hard hitting rain drops and finally got home. Shopping bags a mushy pulp, looking like we just walked out of a swimming pool, we entered the dry facilities of our home sweet home. Quite an adventure I must say. Doesn't look like I'm going to be squealing in joy the next time I see mini lakes prop up on the road when it rains.

No comments:

Post a Comment