Sunday 13 October 2013

Victory is Mine

Happy Dussehra folks! Though for some of you, this festival signifying the victory of Good over Evil, is tomorrow, all my friends in the South & East. I was telling my dad how weird that is, but he told me that there are 2 different almanacs followed by the Pundits of the North and the South, and such discrepancies are bound to happen from time to time. Whatever, it just amounts to a whole lot of confusion, imo. Anyway, leaving that aside, this Dussehra, I was determined to watch Ravana Dahan in a nearby colony. However, it was not to be. My family, yes, the constant Villain in all my plans, managed to dissuade me from going. It's going to be too crowded, it won't be safe, etc. etc. etc. Now, pray tell me, so what if it's crowded? Big deal. Anyway, finally they were like, watch it on the news, and since then, have been selling it to me saying, look how clear the picture is, how nicely you can see it without the cons of having to withstand human company.

***

I was walking outside with my mom, and we watched some fireworks in the sky. It was fairly nearby, so I rushed home to the terrace in order to catch a glimpse of my very own neighbourhood Ravana being burnt. Alas! It was not to be. I couldn't see a thing, not even remnants of the sparks in the sky. Bungalows and trees ended up being my nemesis. Anyhow, I have decided that next year, no matter what, I am stepping out of the house, with a loyal friend for support, to watch Ravana Dahan. Next year, no one can stop me. I will be invincible, Muahahahaha :D


While you guys, enjoy what's left of this holiday, (the North folks) I will ponder over all the Good things I've done this year, and all the Bad (see, this is like preliminary homework for Christmas! ;D Now don't call me an angrez, I very much love all Indian festivals, I just happen to love other international festivals too! ) deeds I've committed.
So long, Farewell, Until next week then!

No comments:

Post a Comment