Tuesday 17 December 2013

Bhaag Bhaag!

A couple of movie reviews have been pending for a while. Guess I've been a li'l lazy....
So anyway I'll get right down to it. I watched Bhaag Milkha Bhaag. Was pretty excited. And yeah, I loved the movie. It _is_ quite long, and a couple of scenes seemed pointless and could've been done away with, but overall, I thought the story-telling was very good.
Rakyesh Omprakash Mehra takes you right to the scene of the crime, so to speak...not that I'm talking of a crime...I merely mean, he transports you into the world of his characters.

Farhan Akhtar delivered a power packed performance, and though you might think it odd that he is romancing a firangi babe in Australia when he's supposed to be training, he makes you live the character along with him, he makes Milkha Singh real (on screen that is).

The Music. Loved it. Though some songs were unneccesary and could've been done away with- like the one where he returns to his village, and is imagining Sonam Kapoor. Come to think of it, certain scenes itself could've easily been done away with.

BUT the biggest shocker of all is.....

Sonam Kapoor was alright. What with the miniscule role and all. :D

But all in all, I really loved the move. The flashback scenes in particular were extraordinarily shot. And maybe, it was the subject, but it really ended up being heart-warming :)

This was supp to go up in July...an you believe it?! 5 months late! Need to work on this procrastination thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment