Sunday 9 February 2014

The First Day of The Rest of My Life

Now this is a lil something I wrote way back in May 2013...around the 20th or so. And like everything else in my life, I never finished it, and hence, never posted it. But I do realise that Time is of the essence in most of my blog posts, and I'm posting it now, in as is, state, and maybe I'll complete it at a later time. I don't know why I chose to be so descriptive though. It may get boring, bear with me :|


How often have you heard this phrase? My bet is, about a million times. Even so, I had to write about this. Though I’m only about…er…20 days late? That is what procrastination does to you. Anyhow, the point of this post is- that I am now a working woman. I have a full-time, paid job. K It’s a scary thought. But actually, it’s been pretty okay so far. I’m a management trainee, and my induction last for 3 weeks. It was a bunch of sessions covering an overview of the different departments, some fun stuff like factory visits in Punjab and Haryana….and finally a one-day CSR activity at an NGO which was quite enjoyable. So much for the easy part. From then on, my sales stint started. Flew off to Chennai early morning, attended a few sessions at the RSO and headed to the guest house where we MTs were put up. Chennai…has been quite interesting so far. Yeah, it’s humid as hell, and as soon as we leave the office building it feels like we stepped into a furnace/sauna depending on the time of day, but I’ve still managed to enjoy the past few days. And I’m no stranger to hot and humid climates, having spent the last two years in Calcutta.
On Friday, we just chilled at the guest house, watched random movies and songs on the Home Theatre System (yes, you read that right) and basically enjoyed the good life.
Saturday…well, Saturday, we had to come into office for some work, but we got free early, an hour after lunch or so, so we decided to chill (again). We thought of going to watch Aurangzeb in a theatre 7-9 kms from our base, but we got late on the way, so decided to take  a detour to 10 Downing Street- this totally amazing, totally British place.  We got there at 7, but the place hadn’t opened, so we thought we’d explore the locality a bit. I had 1 mallu, 1 gult for company. However, the gult is as less of a gult as I’ve ever seen in my life. Hehehe. So, anyhow, we found this place called ‘Gangotree’…which, erm, I’m ashamed to admit, I pronounced as Gango-tree (Gango rhyming with Mango). We had awesome snacks- dhokla and pav bhaji. Or maybe it was just that we were hungry. My mallu friend however, had something which looked like Pink slush (‘Pink Solution’ he called it). Falooda with ice cream he claimed it was. K *shudder* Anyway, after our stomachs were partially full, but our souls fully satisfied with the gastronomic treats, we headed off to 10D. There’s a cover charge for guys, but it’s times like these that you’re thankful for being a woman. J  The place in itself was very very good. I liked the ambience. From the way they illustrated the menu, to the books stacked up on the walls. As for the food, I can definitely vouch for the baby corn starter. The pepper chicken was a little dry though.  We also went to the Purple Room at Hotel President, but I didn’t stay there long, so can’t comment about the place.

The next day…was again a relaxed morning. Got up, had dry upma for breakfast and watched tv while lazing around on the couch. Mango juice, watermelon juice…the good life. For lunch, I headed off to meet a friend from IIMC at Raintree Hotel. It became a mini IIMC reunion of sorts. We ordered Italian, and beer. I had something called Tequila Chicken, with a bunch of other herbs and yellow and red peppers, and the pasta I chose was ‘Fettucine’. This dish, my dear readers, was very very good. I couldn’t make out the taste of Tequila, however, it was tangy and juicy, had an adequate amount of seasoning. In short, I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment