Tuesday 27 March 2012

Billu Barber Ki Kahani

I was sitting in the car, listening to the radio, when suddenly the song 'Rockin' and Reelin' from Billu Barber comes up on air. I don't even remember the last time I heard this song. It brought back college memories and stuff. I really like this song, it's soft and soothing. And I don't quite understand why people don't like this movie. Billu Barber is such a sweet, simple, heartwarming tale. I haven't seen the south indian original, but I've seen Billu Barber and I quite liked it. Sorry, I keep forgetting it's not Barber, just 'Billu'....:P
I think most people's problem with the film was ShahRukh Khan, but the movie is not even his! I mean he's more of a connecting link, and yeah, I guess it would've been better if he'd had less scenes, but I think he was supposed to be more of a crowd-puller. People don't come to watch movies where Irfan Khan is the hero, and that's exactly what he was. I guess SRK hogged a lotta songs, but come on, he was supposed to be this mega star, and if he's shooting a movie, there'll be item songs, and if such is incorporated into the script of the film, I see no harm done. :P

Coming back to the song, I like the way it's picturised in the film. The transition between Khuda-ya-Khair and Rockin' n Reelin' is nicely done, and it makes sense, it's not just pointless and irrelevant, or for the sake of adding a song.

I want more movies like this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment