Wednesday 21 March 2012

Sometimes Movies Surprise You

I just finished watching Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu....
My friends had told me it was like Jab We Met, except the end was different. And random.
So first things first, I liked it. Yes. It was...Refreshing.



Imran Khan is quite cute :) and very...well subtle I guess. Normal. Average like he's supposed to be. I think he's improved from when I last saw a movie of his. Though his characters always seem to be very similar. :P Oh well.

Now, as for the Jab We Met thing, I guess you could say Kareena Kapoor's character is very similar...But much more toned down, and I like that. More mature I guess, plus the setting is different, so this is more appropriate.

Ok at this point I should probably say something about the plot of this movie. So here's this guy whose always led a structured life, done what his parents asked him to, never been good enough....He doesn't have the guts to speak up and he's very likeable so you feel sorry for him. He's also quite anal. :P
Then comes Rihanna, Kareena Kapoor. She's fun, spunky, chilled out...and not anal. Anyway so they get drunk and get married at a chapel in Las Vegas. Then, comes the "difficult" part, how to break it to her that he wants to anull the marriage. Thankfully he doesn't have to, cause she's thinking the same. :) They fight and all at first, but then they become good friends and help each other out.

Problem is, he falls in love with her, makes an advance, she gets creeped out. Uh-oh. He accuses her of leading him on, and they have a fight. Sad (nice) song follows.
And now by telling you what happens next would reveal how the movie ends :P

Now songs are nice. I like the title song, it has a nice beat and music. Quite catchy. :)
Now 'Auntie Ji' I didn't like at first, I thought what a weird song. But I like how it starts, nice beat. And guitar, drums. Nice music actually. It's catchy. And was quite funny. I like :)

Now there's this one scene I really like in the movie. The one where he puts on her iPod and 'Koi Mil Gaya' from Kuch Kuch Hota Hai starts playing. And suddenly he breaks into an impromptu dance. It's very cute. The scene would probably be my favourite part of the whole movie.
Now, the other scene I really like was at the end- the dinner table one. And spoiler alert for people who haven't watched this movie- Don't read this! :P The scene where he just loses his cool and finally says all that he wants to say. The expression of the kid sitting opposite him is priceless, because the kid goes through pretty much the same deal...And I like how this scene wasn't overtly dramatic. Clean, simple, cut to the point.

Then I like the fact that they still remain friends. And also that he doesn't stop loving her. That clinched the deal for me I think. That there's still hope. That he believes that there's still hope.And no tears, no melodrama, no moping around. Simple, pure, sweet. It was refreshing. The end just won me over :)

And Oh yeah, someone explain to me why the second 'ek' is spelt like 'ekk' :P Numerology issues I guess. :P Bleh. Lol. Dono ko hi kar dete. But then one extra K. :P Or One less wuldn;t have done either. :P Tch tch, Karan Johar....

P.S- I heard this RJ say that Kareena Kapoor looks liek an Auntie in this movie. I disagree :P. She looks awesome :)

1 comment:

  1. Everything is very clear.It was truly informative.Your website is very useful.Thank you for sharing.Feel free to visit my web page Movies Surprise

    ReplyDelete