Sunday 25 March 2012

Whirlwind Weekend

Ok I'll admit I just put that title because it's an alliteration. I have a thing for alliterations ;)
So this whole weekend has been pretty busy, I'm soo tired :)
Friday Khan- Market Cafe- nice place. There weren't too many people though, so Sha ended up beign quite loud :P Anyway ended up eating enough :P The chocolate molten volcano thing was A-W-E-S-O-M-E. I would definitely recommend this place. Plus, I got a 15% student discount :P

Then, Saturday morning hadta get up early because my dad was making me attend this talk at IIC organised by the Ministry of Agriculture. It was on 'How to produce food in an increasingly hotter and more crowded world?'...Won't talk too much about the talk (cause I'm not sure I'm supposed to), but the speaker was good :) Scientist, professor at Saudi Arabia and Penn State Univ. Also, I drifted off to sleep a couple of times in the middle. *Couldn't help it* *Shrugs*
hehe
So, straight from there I headed to CP to meet my friends, and as usual I was early so was hangin around outside Wengers...I went to the nearby Archies, looked around for soem 10 mins, politely said 'No, I'm looking', and left. :P I saw all these stones there, for luck, wisdom, etc etc. :P
I saw this roadside guy sell posters. I thought of buying a print too, but I was sure it wasn't worth it, so let it be. Otherwise I have a tendency to make useless and not-so-smart purchases :P
Went to Wengers...was looking around, then thought 'hey, maybe i should get something to take home', so I called up my mom, n bought bread (farmhouse, 50 bucks :P). I really was eyeing the colourful macaroons, but then my friend called, she was somewhat lost, so I left, thinking I'll buy later so they don't melt.
We headed to this place called Zen then. Kinda expensive. Anyway, Shags and me started off ordering, cause we felt we couldn't sit and talk and wait for Dhoom forever :P. Dhoom made a grand entrance later, don't even ask about it :P...We ate soooo much, (I'd already had lunch at IIC) we thought we'd walk around for a while. Our lunch lasted for more than an hour :P...
ANyway, after all the talk, and the gossip, and the catching up, we were just aimlessly wandering around Palika. Then, I figured I hadto leave if I wanted to hitch a ride with my dad, so I got onto the metro. Had to stupidly recharge my card for a 100 bucks :P Bleh. But anyway, I gotta ride in the metro again!! It was so much fun! Gosh, it'd been so long. *wipes a tear*....Went only up to central secretariat though. There was a mix-up between the platforms me n Shags had to be at, haha :P.
Anyway, so last night was a field day for hindi movies! I watched 'Chak De!' and 'Hum Apke Hain Koun?'...got all emotional with chak de...*sniff*, and I was just thinking...Shahrukh Khan was so brilliant in this movie, as Kabir Khan...he was perfect. I mean, I can't imagine anyone else playing that role... He needs something like this again.

So this morning, I hadta get up early again...was going to watch The Artist at Mahadev Road. It was nice. I drifted off in the middle, was kinda hard to stay awake, but then I overcame the sleep and watched it properly. Not sure how much I missed thoh :P Will have to watch the beech ka part online now....It was a nice, simple movie; I like the way it's made. Plus, I like black and white and all that. Also, the concept of a silent movie actor in times where talkies became big, was good. It's very rarely that you have Tears of Joy at the end of a movie, and this was one of those rare occasions. Actor was very good, Jean du Jardin- John of the Garden. lol. The girl had some charm too :)
So, this movie got an Oscar is it? I guess it's difficult to make silent movies ....I also like the nice lil twist at the end....

On the way back home, I was just thinking how much I'd like to live in a 60s/70s movie. The song 'Zindagi Ek Safar' on the radio made me think of that. It somehow went with the wide roads and trees so characteristic of (South) Central Delhi. But well, my mom being who she is, changed it almost immediately..*sigh*....It's so ironical, our taste in music.

I had continental food at home for the first time (dinner) since I came back.
Anyway I'm tired of writing now, and have nothing more to say, so Ill be goin and watching some tv now. Cya :)

P.S- Nayak on zee cinema, Lagaan on Max. :P have to see what's coming on the english movie channels now.
P.P.S- I am deeply saddened by the fact that World Movies does not come anymore :( There goes my source fr interesting, offbeat movies :(
P.P.P.S- Ladies vs Ricky Bahl on t.v??!! :( And i wasted time watching it online..:P *sigh* it's ok only i guess :|
P.P.P.P.S- My english has become Pathetic in Calcutta.

No comments:

Post a Comment